- Visit the Margaret Aniksak Visitor Centre in Arviat, where tools, Inuit games, and traditional clothing are all on display, as well as artifacts collected from local archeological sites.
- Hamlet Days in Rankin Inlet is a spring celebration where there is a midway, races, children’s festival, and square dancing!
- The local diet in Baker Lake includes a healthy dose of caribou, hunted locally.
- The Kirchoffer Falls near Coral Harbour have a picnic site where you can fish for lake trout and arctic char, and relax while enjoying a picnic.
- Chesterfield Inlet used to be a major center in Nunavut, but many citizens moved to Rankin Inlet in 1955 to work for its newly opened nickel mine.